Sunday, April 17, 2011

Almost 11 Months!

Ben will be 11 months old this week! He has developed and had so many milestones in the last two months. This past week, he took his first step but it was so wobbly that we weren't sure if we could count it or not. Then a few days later, he took two steps in front of Jed and then he did it again! I've only witnessed the one step but I am still one really proud mama!

Ten months in the making.......
Layla is not Ben's biggest fan. She is a little afraid of him and has been since day one. We're still teaching him to pet gently and to not scream with excitement when she comes close. Last week when we had the really long and loud thunderstorms, she finally let Ben pet her (and everything else he wanted to do). Jed was out of town and she was too afraid to leave my side that she cared less what Ben did to her. Thankfully, I got a lot of really cute pictures!


My favorite; watching TV together


You can see the fear in Layla's face here. So funny.

So excited!
 /

 




Today, we went to the Wings Over Wayne airshow at Seymour Johnson AFB. Ben was more interested in the people than the planes but I still think he had fun. Even with the planes on the ground, he recognized them to be planes and made his plane "flying" noise. We were impressed. 
My parents, Garth and Kye were there, too. I have never seen Kye so excited. He could barely keep still and was so excited to see so many planes in every direction he turned. 






update 5/5/2011:
Ben is an "official" walker now! We guessed he would be walking by his birthday and we were right! It is so cute to watch and we can tell that even he is proud of himself. He's also mimicking sounds more often, saying more more words ( "neh" for no and "daDA"), signing a new word (all done/gone) and is pretty much eating 100% big boy foods.


1 comment:

  1. So adorable. I can't get over those pictures of Ben and Layla. I'm so glad that they are slowly becoming friends. And I love the photos of the air show- so exciting. Some great memories were made there for sure!

    ReplyDelete